Ok let me start with a cute picture of our first attempt to move (oh yes, it took more than one)
Ok here is what happened… be prepared it’s long….
DAY 1: WHAT A FUCKING NIGHTMARE! sorry for the profanity just today sucks. Heads will roll.
I get to the airport and they tell me there is no room on the flights for the dogs. BULLSHIT. It was reserved a month ago and the lady only entered the dogs weight and not the kennels as well so I was over my allotted weight. I scared the lady so bad she made someone’s package get pushed to another flight.
After getting the dogs checked the plane battery died. I wasn’t going to make my connection and the dogs would have been stuck in Denver for 27 hours. The dogs would have had to remain in their crates the entire time and oh yeah, Denver hates pit bulls. I threw a stink and said they had to rebook us for the next day since it would be the same second flight anyways. They tell me we are rebooked tomorrow so I breathed out.
I call the cargo place to confirm and oh wait no they aren’t, only I have been rebooked. In fact they would have returned Mesa and Baily from Denver because they never should have accepted them in the first place due to their illegal crates since they are pit bulls. When I said cargo approve the synthetic crates like is listed on the website they said “well some synthetic looks like plastic so we won’t take that anymore” I informed her that plastic is a synthetic and she got grumpy.
The cargo place then proceeded to rebook all the dogs even though they knew it would be an issue. We went to pick up the pups and Tori had freaked out so bad that she had made a mess everywhere.
I then had the chaos known and getting a refund and it’s a mess but I have been such a pain that I now have the Vegas cargo manager’s personal cell phone number and customer service is talking to them and accounting since I spent over 2 hours on hold already today. The lady finally got all the dogs refunded to me (even Tori).
So at this point I have Baily and Mesa on Alaska Airlines, Tori is too big so she is still on United with me and Big Carl and we are all set for the next day.
Oh and they didn’t unload my luggage so was somewhere in transit..
DAY 2: Due to having the dogs on two airlines, I now need two original health certs. I had called my vets office (she is on maternity leave) and they said no problem I could get it in the am. I went as soon as they opened and oh wait, all the vets refused to sign off. I had to come back later in the day with the dogs. OH WAIT I COULDN’T SINCE WE WERE BOOKED FOR MORNING FLIGHTS! I broke down crying and a vet took pity on me and signed the cert.
I get the three pups checked in with no issues (I walked into cargo and they said “Oh you’re the dog lady”), get through security, go to board the plane and find our that they never rebooked Big Carl. Went to the gate agent, made them pull up my original reservation and showed them how they dropped the ball on including him on the rebooking.
I get on the plane and watch them load Tori. Only they didn’t bring her in the climate controlled van as stated and they left her balancing on the belt unattended for over a minute. Good thing I recorded it because thats just more hell for them to pay.
ANYWAYS we finally made it to Alaska and if I ever have to fly the dogs again I am booking a private jet.